Booking Conditions for ATG Breaks Theatre and Hotel Packages
We are Holiday Extras Limited, working in conjunction with The Ambassador Theatre Group to bring you ‘ATG Breaks’ Theatre and Hotel Packages.
We want to offer you the best products and the best service. We aim to consistently exceed your expectations, so that when you book with us, you can feel confident you're with the best team there is. These Booking Conditions aim to bring important points to your attention.
These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with Holiday Extras Limited. The website address: https://shortbreaks.atgtickets.com is used by Holiday Extras Limited for the promotion of ATG Breaks Theatre and Hotel Packages.
Once your theatre and hotel package has been confirmed we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with the following Booking Conditions as an organiser under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992.
1. Making your booking
The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. Please be advised that one guest per room must be 18 years old or over.
All bookings must be made online via the website: https://shortbreaks.atgtickets.com via our Call Centre or through one of our approved affiliates. Your booking will be confirmed by the provision of a booking reference. We will provide you with a booking confirmation by email. Please print and keep this confirmation email as it must be exchanged for Theatre Tickets at your chosen Theatre’s Box Office.Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information which appears on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as, unless we’re at fault, it may not be possible to make changes later.
Full payment is required at the time of booking.Please note: ATG Breaks uses the merchant ID "HX SHORT BREAKS". Once you have made your booking and payment has been taken from your account, "HX SHORT BREAKS" will appear on your bank account statement alongside the amount taken for your booking.
3. Your contract
A binding contract between us comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference and/or our Call Centre gives you a confirmation reference over the telephone. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your booking in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your booking in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of your booking in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
4. The cost of your Theatre break
Holiday Extras is committed to providing the highest standards and the best choice of product, at the best prices, so throughout the season we continually review our products and prices. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up. Therefore, we reserve the right to raise or lower prices at any time.
Although we make every effort to ensure the accuracy of our pricing, sometimes errors do occur. We reserve the right to correct such errors and will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. When we become aware of any such error, we will endeavour to notify you at the time of booking (if we are then aware of the mistake) or as soon as reasonably possible. We reserve the right to cancel the booking if you do not wish to accept the price which is actually applicable to the theatre and hotel package.
A total price of your chosen break will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not.
All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate of 20%.
Payment is always taken in Great British Pounds. Any guide prices in US Dollars and Euros are only provided for the convenience of overseas customers. These are based on recent rates of exchange but the final price paid may differ depending on the exact exchange rate at the time of purchase.
5. Cancellation / Amendments by you
Unfortunately all of our theatre and hotel packages are non-cancellable, non-refundable and non-amendable. However, we are able to change the names on your booking up until 3 days before your stay date. Just call our friendly Customer Experience team on 0800 0832 841.
6. Changes and cancellation by us
Occasionally, we may have to make changes to and correct errors on websites / brochures and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed. We may also have to cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so.
Occasionally, we may have to make a significant change. Significant changes include the following changes when made before departure:
- a change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard;
- a change of accommodation area.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements; or
(b) purchasing an alternative ATG Break from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. If the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more; or
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will pay you compensation (up to a maximum of £20 per person) where appropriate, subject to the following exceptions:
- compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change or cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care; and
- no compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these Booking Conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time).
In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options and, where applicable, compensation. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
7. Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Booking Conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of "force majeure".
In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
8. Our Liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that all parts of the break we have agreed to arrange, perform or provide as part of our contract with you are arranged, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. We will accept responsibility if any death, personal injury, failure or deficiency of your arrangements is caused by any fault of ours, or our agents or suppliers. When we talk about fault above, this means failure by ourselves or our agents or suppliers (as applicable) to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing the service in question. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim.
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from:
- the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or the fault of a third party not connected with the provision of your break which we could not have predicted or avoided; or
- an event or circumstance which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care (see clause 7); or
- the fault of anyone who is not carrying out work for us (generally or in particular) at the time.
In addition, we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your break or suffer any problems because of a reason you did not tell us about when you booked your break or where any problems you suffer did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves or, if you have booked a package from us and we were responsible for them, our suppliers or agents or where any losses, expenses, costs or other sum you have suffered relate to any business.
We cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(3) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(4) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 9 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
9. Complaints and problems
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your break whilst away, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier as soon as possible. If you are still dissatisfied, you must notify us at the earliest opportunity. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. If you remain dissatisfied, however, you must write to our Customer Care Team within 28 days of the end of the break you have purchased from us giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. If this procedure is not followed we will not have the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint and this may affect your rights under these Booking Conditions.
10. Your Responsibilities
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of a theatre break.
11. Conditions of suppliers
Many of the services which make up your break are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
12. Special requests and medical conditions
If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
13. Financial security
For all theatre and hotel packages we operate a trust account. This arrangement means your money will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
14. Call Monitoring and Recording
As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training and quality control purposes and to assist in the resolution of complaints.
15. Ticket Collection
Please ensure you leave plenty of time to collect your Theatre Tickets. We strongly recommend you arrive at the Theatre AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED TIME FOR THE PERFORMANCE. Tickets can be collected from your Theatre Box Office up to 1 hour before the show start time. Late arrivals may not be permitted access to the Theatre and we cannot accept any liability for you missing your show. Please ensure you have a print out of your confirmation voucher to exchange for your Theatre Tickets.
16. Cast members
We are unable to guarantee the appearance of individual cast members in any given performance. As soon as we receive notice that a cast member will not perform on specific dates we will publish these on our website.
17. Overnight parking
Please contact the hotel directly to be advised of the most suitable parking arrangements for your stay and the associated parking charges. Parking is not included in the cost of your Theatre Break. Please remember you may need to pay the London Congestion charge if you drive into Central London.
18. Holiday Extras star ratings
All hotel star ratings in Holiday Extras literature are Holiday Extras own ratings and are based on the following:
- any official rating awarded to the hotel, for example: AA Stars, RAC Stars and ETB Crowns will be considered, but will not necessarily translate directly into the equivalent number of Holiday Extras stars;
- if a hotel does not hold an official rating, we evaluate it on a similar basis to most official scheme operators.
In both of the above cases, when giving our rating we also consider feedback we have received from our customers and feedback from our own regular visits to the hotels, both on business and as customers.
19. Standard rooms
All rooms offer a private bathroom with shower and in some cases a bath (unless otherwise stated).
Breakfast is included at most hotels, however please check that this is the case at the time of booking.
21. Leisure facilities
Please note that there may be an additional charge for leisure facilities and admission may be restricted for children. Full information is available on our website.
22. Alarm calls
As hotels do not take responsibility for alarm calls we suggest you take a travel alarm.
23. Pre-authorisation at hotel
Please be aware that most hotels will ask you for a credit or debit card against which they can pre-authorise an amount in respect of any extras or other expenses charged to the room. The amount pre-authorised is at the discretion of the hotel and varies widely. In the event that any charges are payable you will be free to pay for these either with the pre-authorised card or by any other acceptable means.
24. Seat Selection
Whilst the theatre will endeavour to honour your selection this may not always be possible, if this is the case you will be offered seats of the same or increased value. The seats that you are booking will only be confirmed after payment and the seats that you are allocated cannot be amended or cancelled once payment has been taken.
25. Distances between Hotels and Theatres
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that all our distances between hotels and theatres are accurate and up to date we rely on this information from a third party. As a result we cannot be accountable for any inaccuracies in the information.